Bungee cords, also known as shock cords, are elastic cords comprised of one or more elastic strands forming a core which is then covered in a woven material such as polypropylene, polyethylene or cotton.
Bungee cords are used for a variety of purposes and are commonly used to secure objects without the need to tie a knot. They can be used to apply tension to nets or banners and secure them to a frame or other structure.
Plastic or metal hooks or fittings can be added onto the bungee to modify them for different uses. Nets, such as our range of elasticated bungee cargo nets, can be used to cover irregularly shaped luggage and cargo for example in the boot of a car or on a pick-up truck.
There are a large range of situations and places where bungee cords are used including:
• Tarpaulin and awning tie downs
• With kayaks, canoes and boats
• With publicity banners or streamers
• On trailers, cars, trucks, caravans, camper vans, skips and roof racks
• Within garages or sheds
• For use in gardens or greenhouses
• With outdoor or garden furniture
• With marquees
• For camping with tents, ground sheets and overhead covers
• As a clothes line when travelling
• Securing loose items in car boots
• To secure items to bicycles or motorcycles
• On the top of seat pocket nets for use in cars, boats, aircrafts, trains and trucks
• With sandpit covers
• Luggage racks
• To secure boundary, fence or privacy netting
We stock a wide range of Bungee and Shock cords in a variety of diameters and colours. They are suitable for indoor or outdoor use and are available with fire retardant properties. The diameter of the bungee cord ranges from 3mm to 12mm and are available in various lengths with or without specialised fittings.